omg bruce, you are the dramatic teenage girl in this relationship
OK BIG UPDATE TIME
So while I was at work my fiance and his mom got bins! One is 30 gallons and the other is 15. However, they could not be filled all the way so the big one is 20 gallons and the small one is 10.
I have not had any casualties since I took them out of the bag! So that’s very nice. There are 31 fish in the big bin and 20 fish in the small one. So that is 51 goldfish! Christ.
So to explain the first two pictures, that is how cloudy the water got in LESS THAN A DAY. I fed them pre-soaked pellets while I set up the bins so I just threw a ton of food in- and they ate! Even most of the lethargic ones ate!! So that made me super happy. But the pictures also give you an idea of how incredibly sick they are. They look dead. I swear none of the fish in that picture are dead. A handful are swimming, albeit incredibly clamped/lethargic. Most sit on the bottom breathing hard.
SO I rummaged around and found that I had a spare filter-sweet- and set it up on the small bin. Gave it a pre-filter sponge so as not to suck up any of the more lethargic fish, and used filter media from existing tanks. So that will help a bit.
The other one has no filter at the moment, so I’ll be doing huge water changes (though honestly I’ll be doing huge water changes ANYWAY) until I figure something out. I bought some new air stones, food, and aquarium salt. So right now they’re in clean salted water.
You should see the difference now that they’re in the bins! Much more movement from everybody, it’s fantastic. Tomorrow I will start treating them for the obvious internal parasites (extremely thin, lethargic, occasional twitching, though clearly have appetites) with meds I had leftover. Thank god I hoard supplies! I just don’t want to stress them more than they need to be by treating them right now.
So yeah, that’s how the fish are doing. I’m going to start tagging these “great goldfish rescue 2014” for anyone who wants to follow or block it! I’ll go back and tag the old posts that as well.
THE GOLD FISH AT WALMART WERE DYING SO THEY WERE GOING TO THROW THEM IN A DUMPSTER SO I JUST TOOK THEM ALL HOME
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT MANY COMETS/COMMONS
There’s sO MANY FISH HOW
like just dig out a pool and make it a huGE ASS POND
scalestails LINE THE BATHTUB AND USE IT AS A POND IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT
Holy carp- that’s a colossal amount of goldfish to care for.
I admire your bravery.
I do wonder- is a bath tub even big enough to be a temp home for that many goldies???
Ooohhhh my god that is awful
so. many. goldies.
what do????? oh god please keep posting I need to know what happens
I’m going to try and get two large bins and split them up between them.
Of course in the mean time I’ll be doing 2-3 100% water changes daily.
I’d love to be able to keep a few but my environment says I can’t. I already have SO MANY ANIMALS and I can’t afford a pond.
I have been considering setting up a go fund me for a pond though…
big shout out to my teen years on the internet.
Great. Now I have a totally new thing to worry about.
How even the what what
Uh, sir. Your house…
Gone In 41 Seconds — Police Quick to Kill Korean Artist
Feb 24, 2008
LA HABRA, Calif. — On the afternoon of December 31, 2007, two police officers encountered Michael Cho in the parking lot of a liquor store in La Habra, a small, generally quiet city in Orange County, California. It didn’t take long for the meeting to go bad. After less than a minute the officers unleashed a barrage of bullets on the 25-year-old artist, ending his life - and setting off an ongoing cascade of protests across Southern California’s Korean American community.Computerized police logs obtained by New America Media suggest the officers quickly turned to deadly force when they confronted Cho, whom they suspected of vandalism. According to the Computer Automated Transcript documenting the incident, at 2:04 p.m. the cops contacted their dispatcher to say they’d located Cho. “Out with the subject near the liquor store,” the transcript reads. Just 41 seconds later they radioed dispatch again, this time saying they’d shot the suspect and now needed paramedics to attend to him. “Shot fired, Suspect down, Medics requested,” reads the transcript. In the aftermath of the killing, Cho’s family has publicly condemned the department, saying the officers rushed to shoot Cho, rather than using less lethal tools like pepper spray or Taser stun guns to subdue him.
“The police killed my son like a dog,” Cho’s mother, Honglan Cho, recently told the La Habra City Council. According to Shelly Lynn Kaufman, an attorney for the Cho family, the fusillade of bullets left ten holes in his body.
- That zit on your cheek literally does not matter
- Skipping class one time will not ruin your entire life
- The boy you’re trying so hard to impress will mean nothing to you in a year
- Bring coffee to school and ignore people who make fun of it
- Bring a snack, too. Don’t care if people hear you eating in class.
- Being popular isn’t and will never be something that seriously defines who you are
- Appreciate your teachers
- Doing/not doing drugs doesn’t make you cooler than anyone else.
- Neither does drinking
- Talk to the kid sitting alone; even though it may not change your life it could drastically change theirs
- Participate in school events
- Wear sweatpants everyday
- Or wear a dress everyday
- Wear whatever makes you comfortable
- Nobody will laugh at you if you sit alone at your lunch table for five minutes
- Utilize the library
- Don’t wait 20 minutes to text someone back just to seem cool
- Tell your friends how much you love them
- Cherish your free textbooks… seriously
- Help confused freshmen, be nice to them. Remember how much you would have appreciated it a couple years ago
- Compliment the other girls in the bathroom
- That fight you had with your mom really isn’t that big of a deal
- It’s okay to cry
- Don’t let your desire for a romantic relationship stop you from forming platonic relationships
- Remember that life does go on
me during classes
- "that’s racist"
- "that’s sexist"
- "there are more than two genders"
- "ok but could we maybe not use that word"
- "that’s ableist"
- "there aren’t enough girls in here"
how to not make friends and annoy the shit out of people 101
good, then i’m right on track
Why you should follow Denny’s on Tumblr